Total Credits: 4 CA, 4 DC
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY PHYSICIANS
7150 East Camelback Road, Suite 444
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
(888) 924-7479 / Fax (888) 841-8585
Presentation focusing on basic Personal Injury documentation, care and management practices and principles.
Instructional emphasis will be placed on providing implementable concepts and material, while improving the physician’s clinical understanding and skills.
1. Improve the provider’s knowledge of Personal Injury documentation and management.
2. Assist the provider in establishing Personal Injury specific protocols.
3. Assist the provider in identifying and correcting clinical errors and practice deficiencies.
4 Hours - Personal Injury for Busy Providers and Staff
Hour 1: Personal Injury Basics:
- Introduction to PI patient care, management and documentation
- Inherent provider risk and liability within Personal Injury
- Current issues within the med-legal arena
- Understanding carrier scrutiny and issues
Hour 2: Initial Personal Injury History and Examination: - Key elements of the Personal Injury patient initial history
- How to identify clinical “red flags” within the history
- Key elements of the Personal Injury patient initial examination
- How to identify often over-looked injuries and conditions
Hour 3: Personal Injury Case Management and Diagnostic Imaging:
- Personal Injury case management basics
- Acute traumatic diagnostic imaging
- Utilizing appropriate outcome assessments in Personal Injury
- Humanizing patient injuries
Hour 4: Personal Injury Daily Treatment Notes:
- Key elements of Personal Injury daily treatment notes
- Proper Personal Injury treatment note documentation
- Keeping notes individualized and avoiding redundancy
- Sample documentation of Personal Injury treatment notes
|Personal Injury for Busy Providers and Staff Notes (3.3 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Dr. Scott Tauber is the COO of the American Institute of Personal Injury Physicians. Dr. Tauber attended the State University of New York at Stony Brook and received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree in 1984 from Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia. In 1991, he received a Diplomate from the American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics. He is also a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) with the American Academy of Professional Coders.
Dr. Tauber has over 20 years of active clinical experience and understands and appreciates the daily confluence of patient care, case management, clinical documentation, risk management, proper coding, compliance and profitability.
In addition, over the past 20 years, Dr. Tauber has personally consulted with healthcare professionals and their staff members who have succeed from his programs.
Dr. Tauber has served as an expert witness for both plaintiff and defense med-legal cases and has been an independent chiropractic consultant for automobile insurance carriers, healthcare companies and state regulatory agencies. In addition, he has been a guest instructor at professional conferences, state association events, professional schools and has been published in national journals.